Saturday, October 04, 2008

Baptist Draw

Towards the end of September,I left to go down towards Moab with Casey, Alisa, Jared, Wendy, me, and my dad to do some repeling. Before the trip, I heard that the hike was 8 hours long so I was kind of nervous,but it wasn't that bad. While we were there we saw LOTS of Cripto so, it was kind of hard to walk. The first repel that I did was pretty scary because it was my first official repel. There were many drops and little puddles that we had to climb over also. The second repel that I did was 90 feet ( To Caseys couculation ) but I thought it was so cool!!!!!!!!! During the hike, I found many rocks such as some cool igneis rocks and petrified wood. It was a cool adventure!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

That was good times for sure! And you handled it like a champ!

Suzanne said...

You're the MAN!!!

Nanette said...

I'm glad you had fun. That hike is so awesome!

Wendy said...

Ryland, I was very, very impressed with your endurance and guts. That was one fun, long day.

Ed and Susan said...

WOW! We loved the pictures of you repelling down. What COURAGE you had. So glad you and your Dad could go and enjoy this extreme sport!