Sunday, October 05, 2008

Scout camp out

A couple weeks ago, I went up Big Cottonwood canyon for a scout camp out. There are only 5 people in my scouts including me. On Friday, we left at 5:00 to go up to the camp sight to set up our tents. When we got there and set up our 6 man tent for us and a 2 man tent for the leaders we went straight to cutting wood! Since it was a six man tent for us 4 we had so much room. After we got done eating we went into our tent and just talked. While we were in the tent, our leaders came in and said they heard a mountain lion or a bear. I was REALLY scared all night because of that. I also heard many growls in the night and many moans. In the morning my leaders told me that they saw the bear in a tree and leap off the tree at a deer or moose. We wanted to see some blood or something so we went over there but there wasn't anything except for some poop. I can not wait for the week nighter and the 50 mile hike!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ryland said...

Oh! That is so scary! That is fun that you had a great time.
Love,
Kenzie

Wendy said...

Don't you hate it when all you find is poop! At least the animal could have left some bear hair or possibly a tooth or a claw... but nooooo!

Ed and Susan said...

What an exciting night. We just saw a bunch of Bear Poop in Yosemite--yuk! So glad we didn't run into a bear or have a rock ledge fall on us. It's great you had such a good time with the Scouts.